HemoMedic is a new medical device being commercialised
in collaboration with Western Sydney University.
It is a low-cost diagnostic and monitoring band that can be used for:
- Measuring arterial pulse for peripheral artery disease (PAD)
- Venous refilling for chronic venous insufficiency (CVI)
- Change in venous return indicating deep vein thrombosis (DVT)
- Monitoring treatment effectiveness.
It is designed to be simply used in various locations including:
- Public clinics
- General Practitioner Clinics
- The home by the patient, their carer, public health nurse or midwife
How will it be used?
- Use the same band on one leg at a time
- The band is disposable and kept by patient
- The electronics connects to a dedicated App that provides information on flow and flow changes for diagnosis, treatment optimisation and tracking healing. There is a patient companion app for education.